But as it always turns out, where there’s a great hero, there’s always going to be a powerful villain. Alexander Joseph Luthor, better known as Lex Luthor, is without a doubt, one of the most infamously wicked criminal masterminds ever known. Over and over again, he has attempted to destroy the Last Son of Krypton, either by having him killed, or by ruining his reputation. Donald Trump, on the other hand, may not be a criminal mastermind, but his latest stunts at attempting to embarrass President Obama by questioning his birth and then his Ivy League education, not only stinks to high heaven, but leads me to believe that he just might be trying to be (not necessarily the right way) Lex Luthor.
Interestingly after having read up on Trump, I couldn’t help but notice several similarities between the two men. So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, may I present the top ten reasons why I believe that Donald Trump is trying to emulate Lex Luthor.
10. Trump is a business tycoon and CEO of his own company, The Trump Organization—Lex Luthor has LexCorp.
9. Like Lex Luthor, Trump has a strong affinity to real-estate.
8. Both are Billionaires who have used their wealth to influence others.
6. Trump clearly has a dislike for people who rise to fame and popularity faster than he did, as illustrated in his recent negative rants towards President Obama. Luthor has a similar dislike towards Superman and would most likely dislike President Obama as well for the same reasons. However, it should be noted that Luthor would not have been so stupid to say anything that could be interpreted as racist, such as Trump’s recent comments about Obama’s Ivy-league education (1).
5. Both men flagrantly have a hair-growth problem.
4. Like Lex, Trump has a super-inflated ego.
3. Although both of them are brilliant men, they’ve led campaigns against their foes that have backfired on them—Lex lost his Presidency. Trump tried to play the Birther card on Obama (2). Well, we all know how that ended, don’t we?
2. Trump has aspirations to move into the White House—So did Lex.
And the number one reason why Trump is trying to emulate Lex Luthor…
1. Trump has attempted to use Obama’s heritage as a weakness (Trump’s Birther comments, ‘Nuff said)—Lex Luthor has often done the same thing with Superman.
On a side note, if Superman were around, Trump would most likely ask him to show us his birth certificate to prove that he wasn’t produced in either a Chinese or Russian laboratory.